Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Birthday

So My birthday this year, started really early in the morning, I decided that I wanted to go watch the sunrise over Bear Lake. Sunrise was at 6:20 am, I arrived at the look out at 6:15 am. The trip to Bear Lake is about a 50 minute drive. I left the house at just after 5:15 am and was treated to a delightful moon rise over the mountains. The clear midnight blue sky was the perfect backdrop for the bright white sliver of the rising moon. I tried to get a picture of it, but was unsuccessful.
As I drove up the canyon, it was a treat to watch the sky transform from the dark of night to the light of day. On May 2, there was still snow on the ground, the farther up the canyon I went, the more there was. When I arrived at the scenic view I was not adequately dressed for the weather, it was 17 degrees F, and the wind was blowing, even with my hat, mittens, and fleece jacket, the cold was biting! I wanted to take a picture of myself there, so I did, this is it:


I didn't say it was pretty. Anyway after about 20 minutes hanging around and watching the sky change colors I decided that I had had enough, and returned peacefully to my apartment. I had intentions to go to the temple as well, but having arose early and went to bed late, I decided the time spent in the temple might be ill used. So I took a nap instead, and was refreshed for the visit of my friends. I attempted to go to work, when I got there I found I had not put on the correct footwear for work. I was not interested in work, and still being somewhat tired, I begged off work, where I was going to be doing some training. They allowed me to go home. What a happy birthday it turned out to be. I got to visit with some of my family members by phone. and spend time with friends and I didn't have to work. It was delightful. Around 7:27 pm I took the following picture:



The evening was warm and sunny, and my toes were calling for a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you and your toes had a good day!

    ReplyDelete