Sunday, February 03, 2008

Pizza Sunday


Hello All,
A friend of mine from work told me that Sunday was his Pizza Day, and that they invite friends over for dinner and make pizza. What a good plan. You get to eat a really good meal (I suspect that homemade pizza is my favorite food item) and you get to socialize with your buddies, or meet new people if you so desire.

Well today church was called off due to excessive snow, the funny thing about that is that I got contacted 3 times to let me know that there was no church, once by phone, once by text message, and once by a visit from the Bishop and his counselor. The third time, I had a hard time keeping a straight face. but I was thankful that people were looking out for me, as opposed to getting to church and finding it all locked up. So I made pizza.

I have to say that this pizza is by far the best I've made. Unfortunately for those Wheat loving persons among us (I include myself in that category :o) ) it was not wheat, wheat flour does not lend itself to excellence in pizza crust. I made up my sister-in-law's pizza sauce recipe which I have adopted as the best in the whole wide world, and used a blend of four cheeses (gouda, mozz, parm, and cheddar) and a sprinkle of garlic salt on top. Heaven! if one is into such things. So here is a picture of the tasty dinner:

2 comments:

  1. What a crazy day you had!

    Hey, thanks so much for all your knitting advice. I totally appreciate it, and I can't wait to check out those books. I'm starting a knitting class at a fabulous yarn shop in a week or two, and hopefully that'll get me doing scary things like cables and increases and so on.

    In the meantime, check out my NH dishtowel on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok,
    That looks WAY too good! I have only made pizza once (really) and would love some tips!
    :)

    ReplyDelete