Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pink Sky in the Morning

Sailors take warning!

This morning I woke up around 7:30, and found that there was a warm light coming in my window, not street lights and not daybreak light, but a sort of warm orangey and pinkish light. I was so startled that I made the effort to sit up and look out the window. Lo and behold, the sky was a bright pink color. Satisfied I let go of the blinds and rolled over and went back to sleep. Little did I know that the pink sky wasn't just a nice way to wake up. Two hours later, I did get up and went about my business, I glanced out the window, half expecting a brilliant blue sky as is the custom here in Utah, but no, it was sort of overcast, and I thought to myself, oh well that's alright. later I looked out the window and there was snow falling, I thought, hey that's great. A little bit of snow will be a nice change and it is winter after all. Well here I am several hours later and it is still snowing, there are two inches of snow on all the cars. How delightful. I hope it sticks around for a while. I well remember the snow storm of January 28th 2002 (maybe 2001) when we got three feet of snow over night. I can still recall the snowy days back in Vermont as a child, when we would spend the day by the wood stove toasting our bodies, so we could go out and play some more or help shovel the long driveway. Mmm... how nice. But I forget myself, today I am writing about flannel blankets.

I have finally taken pictures of the six flannel blankets I made some two or three months ago. The original idea behind these was to have a simple project I could do to make money online. But what happens quite regularly in my crafting/sewing/knitting world, I finish the project and it is too dear to me to part with. However, often enough, I able to give up the item, I should go through the pictures of all the quilts I've given away as wedding gifts and baby quilts etc. and upload them. The problem there, is that I'd have to find them first...
Each of these blankets are range in size from 34" to 37" square.
I may still try to put these up on KSL Classifieds. We will have to see.

2 comments:

  1. Megan, this is awesome! I'm glad to know about it. I'm going to put a link to your blog on mine, too. I love those garland mittens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should still do an online business. The blankets look really awesome. Thanks for helping me make one!

    ReplyDelete